Perfect for vegetarians, or as a side for meat eaters; part of a main meal or as a quick snack, this barbecued corn recipe is inspired by the corn on the cobs (or corns on the cob?) you can pick up from street vendors in almost any city in Mexico.
For a healthier take on this Mexican classic, go easy on the cheese and mayo. Or consume it as is - with an iced beverage, summer ale, or of course Corona!
1. Heat a barbecue grill to high and lightly grease with oil.
2. Blanch the corn in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain.
3. To make the chipotle mayo, combine the ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to combine well.
4. Brush or spray the corn with olive oil and cook on the grill, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until charred. Transfer to a serving platter.
5. Spread a small spoonful of chipotle mayo over each cob. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and cheese.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.