Fresh seafood is at its best when allowed to shine. This recipe from Tahiti Tourisme shows you how its done in Tahiti.
- 300g raw red or white tuna
- ½ cucumber
- 1 carot
- 1 red onion
- 100g wild cabbage
- Dried coconut
- Coconut milk
- 2 limes
- Green onion or chives
- Peel and cut the carotte, cucumber, red onion and the wild cabbage into strips.
- Cut the raw tuna in cubes
- Marinate the whole lot with the coconut milk and lime
- Add a bit of salt and pepper
- Break the dried coconut in 2 pieces. Remove water. Cut the coconut in shell chips and dry them in the oven 180 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the dish in the coconut shells.
- Slice green onion and place the dried the coconut shell chips on the dish.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.