There’s nothing quite like a slice (or more) of warm banana bread with a little melted butter on top. So put the kettle on, and prepare for the perfect accompaniment to a cuppa.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
1. In a bowl cream the butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy.
2. Then, beat in egg and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and mix well.
3. Sift flour (and baking powder if you're using it) into a separate bowl. Gradually alternate flour and milk into the banana mixture until well incorporated, but be careful to not over-mix. If you're adding chocolate or cocoa, stir in now.
4. Spoon into the lined loaf tin and smooth the batter into an even layer, then gently press in banana slices with the cut-side facing up.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
• You can also substitute with 1 ¾ cup of plain flour and 1 tsp of baking powder if you don't have self-raising.
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20?C. | 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.