TripAdvisor has announced the top restaurants for pizza in Australia, based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor diners. The top pizzerias were determined by taking into account the quality and quantity of reviews and great pizza reviews, with more weight to reviews received in the past year.
“These 10 pizzerias in Australia are the ones that our travellers say are serving up the best slice,” said Janice Lee Fang, Communications Director for TripAdvisor in Asia Pacific. “Whether it’s artisan ingredients you’re after or just a good traditional crust, each of these places are worth checking out to satisfy that craving!”
Top 10 Pizza Restaurants in Australia:
- Beagles Pizza – Airlie Beach
- Located at the heart of Airlie Beach, Beagles Pizza prides itself on using the freshest ingredients, delivering quality and taste without breaking the bank.Recommended for takeaway, Beagles Pizza also offers an online ordering service and is known for their fast and free delivery.
- Signature slice: “Beagles Supreme” that’s topped with mozzarella cheese, ham, salami, prawns, olives, mushrooms, onions, capsicum, pineapple, and anchovies as an optional extra.
- Il Buco – Byron Bay
- Translating to ‘the hole’ in Italian, Il Buco is a quaint shop that serves up authentic Italian artisan pizza. The pizzeria aims to stay as local and seasonal as possible with the ingredients used, supporting local farmers and businesses, while maintaining affordable prices with a BYO alcohol policy.
- Signature slice: “Prosciutto Funghi” pizza featuring homemade tomato paste, fior di latte mozzarella, Bangalow sweet pork ham and mushrooms.
- Station Bar & Wood Fired Pizza – Katoomba
- Station Bar & Wood Fired Pizza is situated in the heart of the Blue Mountains and is famed for their large variety of “creative” wood fired pizzas, featuring “Warrimoo” (kangaroo fillet) and “Bullaburra” (saltwater crocodile). Its relaxed yet “funky” pub-restaurant atmosphere, as well as live music on most Friday and Saturday nights, bring a uniquely Katoomba experience.
- Signature slice: “Woodford”topped with roast duck, mushrooms, baby spinach, red onion, sesame seeds and plum sauce.
- El Capitano Pizzeria & Bar – Noosa
- Contemporary, nautical-themed pizzeria El Capitano in Noosa lovingly makes their pizza base from organic sourdough through a 72-hour fermentation process. Serving up “old world” pizzas, this restaurant is great for groups, families and functions.
- Signature slice: “Margherita” with fior di latte, fresh buffalo mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Frankie’s Pizza – Sydney
- Frankie’s Pizza is an underground, grunge, “hard rockin’” pizzeria located in Sydney’s Central Business District offering an eclectic ambience with live music, craft beer and pinball machines. Serving fresh, thin-crusted Italian pizzas straight from the oven, patrons can order by the slice or a whole pizza.
- Signature slice: “Capricciosa” made of ham, mushroom, artichokes, olives, tomato and cheese.
- Sam’s Pizzeria on the Waterfront – Batemans Bay
- With more than 20 toppings to choose from, ranging from the standard Margherita to dessert calzones, Sam’s Pizzeria serves up traditional Italian pizzas with fantastic waterfront views along Batemans Bay. They are fully licensed for BYO wine, and guests are recommended to book ahead to guarantee a table.
- Signature slice: Calzones (for both savoury and sweet).
- Emerald Beach Pizza & Pasta – Coffs Harbour
- Located a short walk away from Emerald Beach, Italian inspired café Emerald Beach Pizza & Pasta was founded in September 2010 and is best known for authentic, wood fired pizzas.
- Signature slice: “Supreme” made of pepperoni, onion, capsicum, mushrooms, ham, pineapple, olives, mozzarella cheese and anchovies (optional).
- DOC Pizza & Mozzarella Bar – Melbourne
- With a name referencing great standards for Italian food, DOC came from humble beginnings in suburban Melbourne, 1997. This flagship pizzeria situated in Carlton’s city centre is renowned for its buffalo mozzarella.
- Signature slice: Any pizza with the specialty buffalo mozzarella.
- Pizza Boccone – Sydney
- Pizza Boccone is a contemporary trattoria that celebrates genuine Italian wood fired pizza and prides itself on specialty dough that’s nurtured for three days. Pizzas are handmade in front of guests in an open kitchen featuring a wood fire oven.
- Signature slice: “Capricciosa” made of tomato, buffalo mozzarella, rocket and cherry tomatoes.
- Gigi Pizzeria – Sydney
- Gigi Pizzeria is one of the five pizzerias in Sydney that is a member of the AVPN (‘Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana’, or ‘True Neapolitan Pizza Association’). This obviously means it adheres to incredibly specific regulations for its pizza, including a hand-stretched dough technique, garnishing with ingredients from Campania regions and stone roasted exclusively in a wood fired oven. The entire selection of pizzas at Gigi Pizzeria is also plant-based.
- Signature slice: “Patate” that’s topped with thin sliced roasted potato, garlic, rosemary and black truffle pate, and extra virgin olive oil.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.