Recently we ran our readers through the most ridiculous (i.e. demanding) requests made to travel agents via the Traveltalk 2018 Industry Survey; now we bring you, word-for-word, the funniest/strangest things asked of agents (we’re still not sure if any of them were jokes … we’ll leave that for you to decide):
- People that get stressed out that they don't have a passport to go to MELBOURNE (lol) Or to not tell their wife they are going to meet their boyfriend!
- Can't think of a request, but the best reason for not cruising was "I don't like sharks"
- To drive on the bridge from Melbourne to Tasmania. :I
- Train TO Asia.
- If they could take their dog in the cabin of their flight to Albania
- Was a long time ago, but client insisted that she wanted to drive her car to NZ. After much arguments, I advised her that there was an exit in the Harbor tunnel that she could take.
- For their hotel room number not to have the number 3
- To take the bridge between Sydney and Auckland / Asked me if they can drive from Brisbane to Auckland across a bridge.
- Once a client asked me if I could go on a cruise with her as her and her boyfriend broke up. She even offered to pay for my flights!
- Could I help him get out of a Colombian Jail - long story!
- Rent a car to drive from Honolulu to Los Angeles
- *WHEN THE SPIRIT OF TASMANIA PUTS MY CAR ON THE FERRY, DO THEY PUMP THE FUEL OUT OF MY VEHICLE*
- Can I take a motor mower as checked baggage?
- Can you catch a train from Athens to Santorini / Can I get a train from Santorini to Paris?
- Take a baby to Antarctica
- To go to Timbuktu - i thought they were joking but they weren't... it was awkward
- They wanted to fly around the world, avoiding flights more than 7 hours, and they refused to fly at night.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.