Everyone's heard of New York cheesecake - and anyone who's tasted it will attest to its deliciousness. So while you can't travel to the Big Apple, try this simple recipe from New York Kitchen, a not-for-profit organisation that guides guests on a journey through New York’s dynamic agriculture, craft beverage, and culinary arts in the state's Finger Lakes. Enjoy the decadence!
Image I LOVE NY
INGREDIENTS (serves 12)
For the filling:
700 grams of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3 large eggs, room temperature
400 grams of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the crust:
1 1/2 cups (US) Graham cracker crumbs
8 tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (around 165C)
- In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milkon medium speed until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract, then eggs, one at a time until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine Graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- In a 10-inch springform pan, spread the crumb mixture and press with your hand until even. Cover the exterior of the pan with foil to prevent water seepage.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
- Place the springform pan with cheesecake filling in a larger shallow roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water so that the water is level with the top of the filling (about 4-6 cups).
- Bake for one hour on the center rack.
- Turn off oven and prop open oven door.
- Allow to cool slowly for another hour.
Chef’s notes: Create mini cheesecakes by using muffin tins and liners instead of a springform pan. Press crust into the bottom of liners and top with filling. Bake and cool in the same method for 15-20 minutes.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.