As the unique accommodation sector continues to grow, Booking.com has revealed the top tips and tricks on how everyday Australians can join the movement and reap the benefits from listing their property on the website. Whether it is a holiday home, an investment property, or even a spare room, those looking for some extra cash can turn their properties into their biggest asset.
Recent global research conducted by Booking.com with over 20,000 travellers who have used the accommodation service showed that almost two-thirds (63%) believe their stay has been improved by the person managing their accommodation going above and beyond, with over half (51%) opting to stay in the same property again solely because of the host.
Luke Wilson, Booking.com Area Manager Australia said: “With the rise of personalisation in travel and experience-based trips on the rise, the importance of adding that personal touch or going one step further to make a traveller’s stay extra special can go a long way in securing loyalty and travellers spreading the word about your listing.”
With more than 1.5 million room nights being booked on average every day, Booking.com has some top tips on how to turn your home into your biggest asset:
- Face to a name: The role of a host carries significant weight for travellers seeking alternative types of stays. The latest statistics from a Booking.com global survey revealed that over two thirds (69%) of global travellers are planning to stay in an accommodation which allows them to interact with the property owner or manager in 2019 – whether it’s someone who is around daily, or who is just there to offer a warm welcome upon arrival, it’s important to ensure your guest meet you face to face during your stay.
- A personal touch: Ensure your guests feel comfortable and at-home from the minute they arrive at your property. Whether it’s a thoughtful gift from the local delicacy or adding extras such as tea, coffee, wine, breakfast or toiletries, it can make all the difference to make your guests feel settled in their new environment.
- Insider knowledge: Booking.com research revealed 62% of travellers opt to stay in holiday homes or apartments to utilise their hosts’ insider knowledge of the area. To ensure your guests explore like a local and avoid tourist pitfalls, create a handy travel guide including the best restaurants, secret bars, must-do activities and even include tips on little things like the best place to sit in the park or your favourite local secret spots.
- On-the-go management: With Booking.com’s management tools, you can save your guests time by setting up personalised and automatic replies to common requests such as check-in or parking in just a few clicks. You can even pre-schedule messages to be sent at specific times and use the translate function to view the message in your preferred language.
- Sell yourself, as well as your home: While your property images need to look great, it is also important for your personality to shine through too. Booking.com enables you to introduce yourself on your property page, which sets the right expectations and shows why staying at your property is a unique experience.
- One of a kind: Pull out anything totally unique or one of a kind for your property. Whether it is a houseboat, old listed building or you have a special room totally dedicated to pets – there will be someone somewhere who wants what you have.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.