Travel insurance in Australia has just been given a shake-up, with travel insurer Cover-More introducing cancel-for-any-reason (CFAR) insurance for the first time to Aussie travellers.
The announcement comes amid a raft of major new benefits to the company’s agency insurance policies, including:
- cover for cancelled tours due to lack of numbers
- cover for travel delays due to terrorism
- cover for travel service provider insolvency
- increased cover on existing new-for-old luggage benefit
- add-on cover for motorcycles and mopeds with greater than 200cc engine capacity
- add-on cover for heli- and off-piste skiing and other more extreme sports
“We’ve launched two new umbrella policies, Comprehensive Care and Essentials Care, at different price points and within both, travellers have the opportunity to tailor their exact cover to themselves, where they are heading and what they want to do on their trip,” Cover-More General Manager, Sales and Marketing, Mike Stein said.
“We’re continually listening to the feedback from Australian travellers and we know they are looking for ways to personalise their insurance cover so it fits with how they travel.
“And by giving travel consultants a product that reflects the evolving needs of travellers we anticipate they will find it easier to convert their customers so that more Australian travellers travel with the protection insurance provides.”
Available from today at travel agencies and networks across Australia, the new policies follow the company’s removal last year of general exclusions for mental illness across all policies.