The Philippine Department of Tourism is delighted to support the Philippine Christmas Festival, taking place on 11 – 12th November 2017 at Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour in Sydney.
The two-day festival, celebrating the Filipino Christmas spirit, highlights the vibrant atmosphere of Christmas in the Philippines through live performances, music, traditional food, games for the whole family and many more activities.
Christmas is one of the most important holidays of the year and celebrations can often last for months. The Philippine Christmas Festival in Sydney will offer a unique insight into the lively and upbeat traditions of the festivities that occur in the Philippines.
Norjamin Delos Reyes, Tourism Attaché at Philippines Department of Tourism Australia and New Zealand, said,
“We are delighted to be a part of the Philippine Christmas Festival once again this year. The festival offers guests a glimpse into the Christmas festivities that occur in the Philippines. Over two days guests can enjoy festive Filipino cuisine from the many food stalls, traditional performances, Christmas carols, lantern making and arts and crafts. This free festival is a great day out for families and guests of all ages.”
Five must-try Filipino delicious Christmas foods
1. Lechon – a whole roasted pig, cooked by turning slowly over hot coals.
2. Halo Halo – a dessert meaning ‘mixture’ consisting of purple ice cream, shaved ice, evaporated milk, boiled sweet beans, coconut, jelly and fruit.
3. Lumpia – a Filipino spring roll filled with meat and vegetables.
4. Adobo – a hearty Filipino dish of pork or chicken marinated in vinegar, soy sauce and garlic usually served with white rice.
5. Pork BBQ – grilled pork barbecue skewers brushed with a sweet, savoury and spicy sauce typically served in parties.
The Department of Tourism will unveil a new ‘Bring Home a Friend to the Philippines’ (BHAF) at this year’s Christmas Festival. The unique initiative encourages Filipinos (either those who reside overseas, or those who reside in the Philippines) to promote Philippine tourism by inviting their friends from overseas to visit this beautiful travel destination.
Those who recommend the Philippines as a travel destination and also those who decide travel to the Philippines for their next holiday, have the opportunity to go in a draw to win a range of attractive prizes.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.