Diet fads come and go, but proven weight loss programs stand the test of time. Follow these five fitness tips – compiled by The Biggest Loser past contestant and special guest trainer at The Biggest Loser Retreat, Sharif Deen – to lose weight this summer and keep it off for good.
1. Take advantage of the early light. With the sun shining early during summer, take advantage of the extra hours of daylight to get outdoors and start the day with a workout.
2. Stay hydrated. Water is the ultimate cleanser and allows your body to function more efficiently. Aim for 2-3 litres per day and remember to step it up before, during, and after exercise. Try adding a wedge of lemon or lime for a refreshing twist.
3. Reevaluate your goals. Make sure your fitness goals are still relevant to you heading into summer.
4. Create a summer training program and keep records for accountability. If you’re really serious about achieving your goals, establish and commit to a training plan. Tracking your progress will also allow you to assess what’s working for you and what’s not.
5. Eat a balanced diet that’s nutrient rich. Make sure you eat a balanced diet that’s loaded with the good stuff like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean meats.
Sharif is a walking, talking example of achieving lasting weight loss. When he signed up for Season 4 of The Biggest Loser, Sharif weighed in at 178kg and was the heaviest person at the outset. By the end of the show, he had lost over 70kg and has since become a special guest personal trainer at The Biggest Loser Retreat in the Gold Coast Hinterland.
Since opening their doors in June, the dedicated weight loss retreat has assisted guests to lose a combined fat loss of more than 855kg through their proven weight loss program which is underpinned with education, nutrition, exercise and a band of professional health and fitness experts on hand to train, coach and mentor guests.
To encourage everyone, no matter what their size, to lead a healthier life, The Biggest Loser Retreat is extending a special offer to encourage guests to bring a friend or family member for 50% off – together this is a saving of $1245!
When sharing the saving, seven-day programs at the Retreat are priced from $1871.25* per person and include seven nights accommodation twin-share, all meals, snacks and beverages, daily fitness and movement sessions, information seminars, cooking demonstrations, and full use of Retreat facilities.
Call 1800 816 906, email email@example.com or visit The Biggest Loser Retreat website.
*Subject to availability. Valid for sale until 15/12/2013. Valid for travel until 28/02/2014. Valid for a maximum 21-day stay.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.