Promising to “transform the customer experience” on long haul flights from Australia to Los Angeles and Abu Dhabi, Virgin Australia has launched its new International Business Class cabin.
With the first of its refitted Boeing 777-300ER aircraft already flying across the Pacific, the new product features a refreshed Premium cabin as well as a new onboard Business Class Bar and Lounge.
Part of its ‘The Business’ product, the new offering boasts:
- 37 individual and private suites that convert into the length of a queen size bed at 80 inches
- Reverse herringbone cabin layout, maximising privacy and enabling direct aisle access for all passengers
- A side console area for work and/or storage, with bedside amenity nook
- Customised triple-layer seat cushion supported by a hammock sub-frame and a turndown service with memory foam mattress toppers and high-grade cotton pillows and doonas
- The largest entertainment screen (18 inches) in use between Australia and North America, and a new intuitive user interface
- Luke Mangan-designed menus paired with premium wines and delivered in a fine dining experience tailored to guests’ needs through à la carte or Express Dining options
- Cocktail and Canape service prior to the first meal service
- Business Class Bar and Lounge, open after the first meal
-Continental breakfast at the bar prior to the full breakfast service, and choice of full breakfast at the bar rather than in seat
Virgin Australia Group CEO John Borghetti said the airline had seen record high customer satisfaction after the introduction of ‘The Business’ on domestic routes.
“With competition increasing from Australia to North America and the Middle East, we believe this will be the best Business Class on the Pacific, with the product also being introduced to Abu Dhabi later this year,” he said.
Renamed “Premium”, the carrier has also upgraded its Premium Economy cabin. Among its features are:
- 24 seats and dedicated Business Class-trained crew
- More legroom than any other Australian airline with an increased seat pitch of 41 inches; also, 19.5 inch seat width with nine inches of recline
- 10.6 inch screen with new intuitive user interface
- Plated meal services, served on Business Class crockery and with business wines
- Two new Signature Service elements including cocktails and Movie Snack service each hour throughout the flight
- Nespresso coffee and Madame Flavour Tea along with exclusive access to Premium Pantry
- New luxury amenity packs
- Dedicated check-in, priority boarding and priority baggage
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.