What makes a good airport? According to this list, it’s about fewer delays, a short distance to the city centre, lower parking costs and quality of restaurants.
Take all that into account and Sydney International Airport is 84th in the world, just beating Cairns Airport at 85th.
Melbourne’s airport ranks 68th, while Perth and the Gold Coast come in at 60th and 61st respectively.
Brisbane was ranked 18th and the Australian winner, which came in 7th, belonged to Adelaide.
World’s best 10 airports ranked by Stasher
1. Sheremetyevo International Airport, Moscow, Russia
2. Heathrow Airport, London England
3. Piarco International Airport, Trinidad & Tobago
4. Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, Thailand
5. Copenhagen Airport, Denmark
6. Jose Maria Cordova International Airport, Colombia
7. Adelaide Airport, Australia
8. Calgary International Airport, Canada
9. El Dorado International Airport, Colombia
10. Hamad International Airport, Qatar
Australia’s top 7 airports
61. Gold Coast
The list, released by luggage storage network Stasher, doesn’t match that compiled by Skytrax, which branded Adelaide Airport the worst in Australia based on a customer satisfaction survey.
Subscription successful! Thank you for subscribing.